Dining and entertainment provide an unforgettable experience at The Tudor House. Located in Lake Arrowhead, one of southern California’s most beautiful areas, the colorful history of The Tudor House is only a prelude to what is offered today. Known originally as Club Arrowhead of the Pines, this popular destination was built in 1928 by the gangster Bugsy Siegel to provide the wealthy people in Hollywood a place to spend their money on food, liquor, and gambling.
While the casino is long gone, today’s Tudor House provides one of the best possible venues not only for dining, but for a number of other great entertainments. Because Lake Arrowhead is a year-round resort area, guests will be assured of a warm welcome at whatever time of the year they visit.
More than Dinner and Drinks
It’s certainly debatable what is best about The Tudor House – the dining, the concerts, or the theater entertainment – and perhaps it’s just best to look upon all its aspects as contributing to the whole. Developed to provide a complete evening of enjoyment for its patrons, The Tudor House not only offers delicious dinners every night of the week, and also has a respectable wine list and everyone’s favorite beers; as well as some great beers from microbreweries.
- The cuisine is prepared and overseen by noted California chefs Tina Love and Cliff Larsen. Cliff received training at some of the finest restaurants in Europe, and Tina specializes in sweets and desserts. This combination of talents is your assurance that your meal will be perfect from start to finish.
- Sunday brunch can make the difference between a ho-hum Sunday and the perfect beginning to a new week. Running between 10 AM and 2 PM, this culinary event features not only exquisite dishes such as Eggs Benedict, Tudor House Omelette, and Blini with Smoked Salmon and Caviar.
A Full Schedule of Enjoyment
Besides offering the perfect brunch or dining experience in Lake Arrowhead, The Tudor House also entertains you with a variety of shows, music, and specials.
- Theater entertainment, “Dinner and a Show”, is provided by the Lake Arrowhead Repertory Theatre Company and productions will include Vanities, LA Muses, and seasonal holiday shows such as Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol”.
- Music is never in short supply at The Tudor House, either, and not only will the Willie Nelson Tribute offer you tunes that Willie wrote and sang, but also groups such as 60 Grit Blues Band and LA Zeppelin to make “Bands, Burgers, and Brew” a weekly event you won’t want to miss out on.
- And, Sunday Brunch also sometimes features a matinee performance at the conclusion of the meal, ranging from half hour shows to those that will overlap with dinner.
Beautiful and Exciting Lake Arrowhead
The best way to get the maximum enjoyment out of your visit to the Alps of Southern California is to combine enjoyment of some of the festivals and events that enliven Lake Arrowhead throughout the year with dining excellence at The Tudor House. Brunch at the restaurant will put you in perfect shape to face a day of active tourism, while a full day can be rounded out with a relaxing dinner, and a perhaps a show, at The Tudor House.
Lake Arrowhead offers something every season of the year and is probably one of California’s most scenic tourist destinations (and the skiing is also great).
- Brave and hardy souls might want to participate in the Rotary Polar Plunge in February to raise money for charity.
- Free summer concerts were never better than at Lake Arrowhead. Running from May until September, the concerts are among the most popular of this village’s attractions.
- June will see both the Antique & Classic Boat Show and the Rotary Art & Wine Festival – great days on which to have unlimited fun.
- If you love the circus, don’t miss ‘Le Grand Picnic’ in July, which has been billed as “A Vintage Circus Extravaganza”.
Regardless of when you come you will not only find plenty to do and see, but will be assured of warm hospitality and fine cuisine and entertainment at The Tudor House.